Thursday, November 12, 2009

Let's Talk about Parlare

I first went to Parlare on 10th Street a couple of years ago. I wasn't overly impressed, nor did I walk out unhappy. It just didn't do much for me.

Now there is a definite reason to go on Tuesday nights! It's $2 Tuesday till 7:00 and they aren't skimping on the $2 items. For just two bucks you can get house wine, beer, margaritas, mojitos, sangria and I think some sort of bubbly. The food options are equally impressive, including: hummus, artichoke/jalapeno dip, coconut shrimp, a couple of different bruschettas and the crowd favorite last Tuesday - BBQ pork sliders. Five girlfriends and I went and the bill didn't exceed $40! That's about $7 each for more than one drink each and a buffet of appetizers.

There is a catch, of course. In my previous post I wrote about the balance of service and cost. This past Tuesday the service was very slow BUT it was a full house with one bartender working upstairs and one guy running food from the kitchen. They didn't pretend the service wasn't slacking - they were appropriately apologetic and you could tell they were working really hard to keep up with the guests. I guess I'm a little more understanding when there's an acknowledgement of the problem.

What are your thoughts on $2 Tuesday?

No comments: