Saturday, October 6, 2007

Tokyo Fro's Happy Hour

As the list implies, I am not picky about happy hours. I love them all. But I think I may have found one of the highlights in Sacramento.

Tokyo Fro's changed their happy hour a few months ago to a new, not as user-friendly format. That translates to, less free drinks, not as much cheap food. Apparently this hurt them, because they are back to 1/2 cocktails and 1/2 rolls during their happy hour, weekdays from 3-6. I usually don't like happy hours that end this early but I work right across the street, so this works. They've also added happy hour on Saturdays. Yippee!

Service was a little hit and miss, but only because the owner decided to send one of the bartenders home before 5pm. Kind of silly for a Friday, but I'll forgive him because we spent $40--yes, $40-- on 4 giant and delicious rolls, 2 martinis and a beer. Sushi is not normally cheap, and this was not only cheap, it was tasty.

I'll always go to Fro's because it's the fastest walk from the office to liquor, but now I have a better reason, and I don't need to worry if I spent too much on shoes that week!

Yay for cheap sushi and drinks--go to Tokyo Fro's for happy hour. You can find Fro's on the corner of Howe and Fair Oaks, on the Fair Oaks side of the Safeway shopping center. But you knew that already.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ah, Tokyo Fro's. A favorite of ex-Kaplanites. Glad to hear it's still rockin'.