Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Obsession

Those of you who know me at all know that I love PBS. Especially during the summer, when network television only produces such quality television as "Nashville Star" and "Man's Best Friend," I turn to PBS for quality shows like "Masterpiece Theatre" and "Nova."

But my real obsession is cooking shows. I loved Food Network when I had expanded cable, but, alas, they don't provide that station with basic cable. So I have PBS. And pretty much all day on Saturday it's nothing but cooking shows. (Well, at 9:30am it's Burt Wolf's Travels and Traditions, but really, who can argue with that?)

My favorite, and my reason for telling all of you about this, is Gourmet Magazine's "Diary of a Foodie." For those of us who love food, drink, and travel, it's the perfect television show. They manage to make food and drink both exotic and accesible, fun and informative. And they share great recipies, like today's coconut crusted marshmellows. Yum.

"Diary of a Foodie" is on Saturday mornings on KVIE at 10:30am. You can also check it out online at www.gourmet.com/diaryofafoodie. Check it out!

No comments: