Saturday, June 28, 2008

Throwin' em back

I was never frequented Hangar 17 before, but now that I know their happy hour specials, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be back more.

They used to only have specials on food, but I guess they were encouraged by the mass amounts of happy hours in the Midtown region (and perhaps by this blog??) to expand their cheap eats and drinks. And they certainly are cheap!

I went on a Thursday night and was pleased to find they they have "Throwback Thursdays" where old timer drinks such as Manhattans, Harvey Wallbangers (what is that, anyway?) and other old school drinks are only $3! That includes martinis, and my current fav, the gimlet. I suggest getting the gimlet over ice, however, because it goes down really well...

They also have beer specials on Tuesdays, and 2-for-1's on Friday and Saturday nights from 10 to 11pm. Check out their website for all their specials at http://www.hangar17bar.biz/specials.html.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Perhaps this should be an entirely new post, but Hangar 17 no longer has "Thowback Thursdays." Instead, they have "Thirsty Thursdays" featuring create-your-own vodka drinks for $4. Cool concept, but I miss my cheap gimlets. But if you like the sweet vodka drinks, it's the thing to do. Unfortunately, if you're like me and you like your vodka pretty much straight up, you'll have to try something else, or pay a little more for it. I'm not sure why the change was made, but it makes me very sad, and really wish for the old days.