Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mmmmmm Beer!

You know it's coming... the sun has come out, the weather is getting warmer, I have gotten something that could be considered a tan... yes it's time for BeerFest season! I love the beer festival. Everyone is happy, the beer is always good, and the weather is even better. I was excited to get my sort of regular email from Hoppy Brewing notifying me of several upcoming brewfests. It prompted a bit of research on my end, but in the name of service to my people, here we go. (BTW - Book out all Saturdays in May. You're going to be busy!)

Boonville Brewer's Festival: May 2nd, in Boonville (North Coast). 1pm-5pm, $40. You can camp too, and that's only $12/per person. It's also a pirate theme, which in my opinion, makes this festival 40 thousand times cooler. I can tell my one joke over and over again! (Hey Pirate--did you know you have a steering wheel down your pants?)

Raley Field Brewfest: May 9th, at Raley Field (duh). 1pm-4:30pm. $25 for 10 5oz tastings. There are VIP tickets too, but I don't remember how much they are or what the benefit of that was. (I'm not so up on the VIP)

West Coast Brewfest: May 16th, at Miller Park in Sacramento. 1pm-5pm. $25 and I don't think they limit tastings. You can buy tickets online or at Brew It Up, Hoppy, River City or the Shack.

I'm sure they'll be more, so let me know and I'll keep updating! If you're an international traveler click here and will give you lots more fests across the world (make sure to keep your passport in a plastic bag).

And if anyone wants to camp for the Boonville Fest, let me know... I'm up for it!

No comments: