Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blue Cue Happy Hour

I used to go to the Blue Cue quite a bit when I was about 21. For some reason I thought it was the "cool" downtown bar. (Ok, before you make fun of me, remember that I grew up in the 'burbs and was living in the Bay Area at the time. I thought all Sac bars were like that.) Anyway, I hadn't been for years, even though now I live a few blocks away and frequent other bars on the street. I've been twice in the past month, and I have to say, the recent renovations were a definite improvement. The bar looks sleeker, less cheesy, and the clientele is a little less cheesy as well. Other than the abnormally small chandeliers around the perimeter and the television set to "Deal or No Deal" it was a pretty cool place to grab a drink and chat with friends. They also have a pretty cool happy hour:
$2 Shoestring Potatoes
$2.5 Draft Beer
$3 Grilled chicken and pineapple skewers, Hot wings w/bleu cheese dip, import draft beer and well cocktails
$4 BBQ Spare Ribs with hoisin-honey glaze, Red Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon, Sterling Chardonnay
$5 Pepperoni Pizza

No comments: