Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Speaking of Lunch Deals...

A few years back there was a sushi restaurant on the corner of S and 18th. I don't remember what it was called (I am sure somebody out there does). I remember it being good, but then it was gone and now it's Ju Hachi by Taka (was Taka the name of the place??).

Stacy and I hit Ju Hachi for lunch today and I wanted to pass on their lunch specials. I was originally going for sushi, but their menu was too good to pass up. For $8 you can choose one of the following items, along with soup, salad and rice, and for $11.50 you can choose two items.
  • Tempura (shrimp and vegetables)
  • Chicken Teriyaki
  • Sesame Chicken
  • Spicy Chicken Teriyaki
  • Chicken Katsu
  • Beef Teriyaki
  • Sushi (five pieces, chef's choice)
  • Sashimi (five pieces, chef's choice)
  • BBQ Albacore
  • BBQ Salmon
I had the BBQ albacore and the sesame chicken while Stacy had the same BBQ and the tempura. The portions were huge -- I really was shocked by the size of my albacore portion! Both my items were great and Stacy liked hers too. We were both stuffed for $12 each!

The dinner menu looks good too and I definitely want to go back and try some sushi!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

I think it was Taka's!!