Friday, January 2, 2009

A little slice of Paris (I think that's the translation)

I had a crappy day at work today. I didn't think I should be there in the first place, then I was the only person working in my portable and I couldn't get the heater to work properly. So there I was, sitting in a 50 degree office playing on Facebook because I had nothing productive to do.

I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining; I actually have a point to my story. I couldn't wait to get back to Midtown and go somewhere for a big bowl of soup and a glass of red wine. That was the only way I would be able to feel my extremities again. I've been wanting to go to Le Petit Paris for quite awhile and decided that was the place to go. I love the window shopping there (I can't afford anything) and figured it was time to check the cafe out.

I was hoping for soup but they were out. I opted for the tomato, mozzerella and basil sandwich. For such simple ingredients, it was delicious. The baguette was fresh and perfectly toasty on the outside and warm and chewy on the inside. They serve the sandwiches open-faced so no chewed up roof of the mouth (I hate that!). It's not exactly tomato season, but the rest of the ingredients were fresh tasting and delicious. My glass of bordeax was a perfect compliment.

Le Petit Paris is a great little spot to treat yourself to lunch or have a glass of wine with a friend. The prices are reasonable, and just for a little while you can pretend you're in Paris (especially if you squint and don't notice the Chipotle across the street). I felt like myself again after lunch--in good spirits and warm and toasty. If you want soup, go early. Their coffees and desserts look amazing as well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Literally, it's "the little Paris." This is the first time four years of French have come in handy in a long time!

Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

"slice" would imply another word... thanks for the translation!